Inner Heart
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Forsaken Realm
Big Concerns and ways to improve. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 5:23 pm by Guest

» Sylas The Void Master
Big Concerns and ways to improve. EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 3:35 am by DanTheBandit

» Silver Wings
Big Concerns and ways to improve. EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 2:31 am by Guest

» Gary Manefc (WIP)
Big Concerns and ways to improve. EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 4:42 pm by Milocross

» Dante Banes
Big Concerns and ways to improve. EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 3:21 pm by Luka_D

» Shane Wolfhart
Big Concerns and ways to improve. EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 3:21 pm by Shiangelic

» Snow Cat Info
Big Concerns and ways to improve. EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 12:01 pm by Stya

» Guess Who's Back?
Big Concerns and ways to improve. EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:55 am by Angelo Aella

» A Day in Class (open to all)
Big Concerns and ways to improve. EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 9:32 pm by Tom Bluemann

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Big Concerns and ways to improve.

+3
Asuka
Tom Bluemann
Shrade
7 posters

Go down

Big Concerns and ways to improve. Empty Big Concerns and ways to improve.

Post by Shrade Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:44 am

Alright so this is gonna be a long post so I'm splitting this up into sections so it'll be easier for some, this isn't just a rant it's also a list of suggestions as well as examples for each suggestions, I will voice my personal opinion on the current state of each topic.

Current Rp problems

So who else is sick of the arguments in the chatbox about peoples moves and just complaints of "er no that's op and shouldn't be allowed" and stuff like that, I know I'm completely sick of those arguments as well as agree with them that at the current state of things people just try to make something op and then stand around going "too bad mine is op even though you're making logical moves i counter that by using (op ability A then B)." So I feel like some restrictions should be made to help make things easier on those that actually want to have a character that becomes something amazing not just goes "Oh look i'm god now deal with it." I purpose we first start out by cutting out certain things and inacting some laws.

First lets start out with the law of travel, basically the ability to cover ground and at what speed, I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds instantly teleporting out of harms way complete bullshit as well as game ruining. That's why there will no longer be a teleport as in instantaneously going from your current position to another within a mere milisecond. Hense it should be no longer valid move and the idea of teleport will be replaced with flash stepping, basically somewhat the same but say if your entrapped within something non magical say like a net that's dug into the ground then you cannot just instantly escape or teleport out, if you are trapped then you are trapped you can't flash step out you are movement impaired therefore you cannot just move out of the harms way. Another example would be something as like, a chain wrapping around your body, you cannot teleport or escape that since flash stepping would be your just moving at a higher accelerated rate unlike teleport where you are instantly out of harms way.

Second lets go to the law of fatigue, So i'm sure you've fought a lengthy battle against someone like a magic user and they are still hurling their spells and using them as if the battle just started. That's why battle fatigue should occur for all races and characters regardless of how "powerful" they are, if they have been fighting against multiple enemies or have been fighting for a while then they will be tired and make mistakes as well as slip up. A battle shouldn't be a continuous amount of fighting like it was in the first few posts, powers will eventually lose their strength as the battle goes on, swings wont be as powerful and your character will get tired (Physically if they are doing a lot of weapon fighting or mentally if they are using powers/abilities.) And this is regardless of how much power you want your character to have it is only fair that everyone gets fatigued, humans will be only SLIGHTLY Fatigued faster than the rest but recover from it faster (not during battle of course).

Third, a characters power differences, so i've been seeing some people toss around the phrase power differences and really I see this as the cowards way out of having a fair fight. "My character is more powerful than yours therefore even though you fight with skill i still win cause imaginary internet numbers and myself claim so." I just think any notion of everyone being at separate power from the start is horrid, it makes sense only in races but it shouldn't completely dominate the decision of a battle. A human with skill should be able to take down any race character regardless, and by this i feel that people assume that cause they are an angel,demon,or vamp that they are far more superior from the start therefore have more reason to win in their battles. I feel this is totally wrong and people shouldn't have their battles won before they begin, this also goes into descriptions, just because you claim to be the son of god in your description doesn't mean you auto win every battle. Everyone deserves a fair fight therefor all races except humans have a SLIGHT power difference but nothing that will have battles decided before they start.

Fourth, Players controlling NPCs, so this honestly wasn't a problem till today and really it's stupid that i have to bring it up here cause i hoped it would be common knowledge but seriously. So here's the deal as nice and convenient it would be to control all boss level NPCs it shouldn't be really allowed to be done by a single person especially for story reasons as well as battles. I feel that such strong NPCs should be controlled by those that are in that race or have a character in that race that are not involved with the conflict that is arising with that NPC, since this angel NPC is the main one in question, his decisions should come to a consensus by those that are an angel or have one and that aren't involved in the reason why the NPC is being used.

Fifth, which also goes sorta along with battle fatigue, the one thing i hate the most in some games Diminishing Returns. Basically in this version of it spamming a power or ability over and over and over again will result in the power being less powerful with each consecutive cast (mind you this should be all done within a 3 power cast time as in, ice bolt -> fire blast -> ice bolt. will still count it as if it was just ice bolt -> ice bolt.) A loss of strength in the power should just be the start and end of the Diminishing Returns but if nothing changes then we could go more into the cooldown and increase it with each consecutive cast after a certain point.

[MY OPINION AREA:
Personally i find the current state of the RPs far too one sided and that too many characters have an op power that they will consecutively use or such things. I enjoy some of the RPs and find it increasingly more and more agitating to rp with certain people and think that they ruin the entire state of the community if not site when they start to use their abilities, Originally i thought just rework everything so that everything has to be reapproved by at least 2 mods to ensure things are fair but i find that would be too extreme]

RACES

So this came up earlier on and I found it interesting but the biggest problem/concern is that it was just 1 (as far as i heard) and that was the most basic one of them all Elves. Yes Elves would be another race and all but honestly it's a complete waste of opportunity for more expansiveness to the overarcing story of this place. After all we just have angels and demons messing up the humans stuff all while hybrids and vamps have no try opponent and are sitting on their hands wondering if they should jump in or not. Things could expand more than just elves, there are things we can aim for that could help make things more interesting, my proposed race types were a winged race type that were friendly with humans and would go against anyone against them. as well as a race of beings from the earth, the very rocks and mountains, things that would hold a grudge against those that have descrated the land and want back the underground.

Another type which caught my interest was elementals, beings that worked with the element they were born of.as well as also lycanthropes (not hybrids) beings that would go against the very existance of the vampires and hunt them.

Personally i feel we could do soo much more to not just balance this place but as well as expand it, anywhere theres my rant.
Shrade
Shrade

Back to top Go down

Big Concerns and ways to improve. Empty Re: Big Concerns and ways to improve.

Post by Tom Bluemann Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:07 pm

I feel that if these would be put in place, it would really help the people (such as myself) who build up their character Dragon Ball style/just start out with a generally weaker character on this forum. It really is no fun for new people/people with weaker characters for them to go up against someone treading the line of god-modding constantly.
Tom Bluemann
Tom Bluemann

Back to top Go down

Post by Asuka Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:20 pm

As Tom has stated I don't like the overly powerful characters, I have been thinking what powers my character should have (she has none yet.) I was hoping that I could have her play as she is but run across an item or something that allows her to activate her powers.
Asuka
Asuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrafo Cadogan Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:26 pm

I agree with Shrade, hmm should there be a poll of what kind of race there should be?

Abrafo Cadogan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kosovo Misogi Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:14 pm

To put it this way. I have read over your post shrade and the things that you made specifically AT ME I have read MULTIPLE times over. So let me make somewhat of a rebuttal post, that won't be as long but will give a covering of most of your arguments.

1)I actually somewhat agree with this post,seeing as I myself use what is similar to a flashstep. What I cannot agree with is you saying that YOU decide what happens. Yes I can see whats wrong with teleports, but you as a regular member cannot just outright say they are banned yourself.

2)This is actually a somewhat flawed argument due to the one real life reasoning of "adrenaline". Adrenaline is what allows a person to keep going, seem to feel no pain, and to be able to keep throwing those really nice punches. There is also the point, if we didn't take in adrenaline, of how much is too much. This type of rulin would require too many stats and numbers, that the owner(Mark correct me if I'm wrong) and I would say most people here, wouldn't want to deal with.

3)Ah the power difference paragraph. You know this one will struck me as somewhat off due to the fact that common sense would say something. This is very much a thing, and will be dictated in a upcoming Stat and Trait Chart for all the races that I was asked to do. Even then, if you actually read the Story, you would have noticed that it took all 4 other races to push the Angels back to the Holy Lands. There are power differences between races, with the humans being the weakest and usually meant for a more social roleplay in my opinion(seeing as I am allowed this).

4)I will say this, before you start ranting on about someone controlling NPCs first ask about them first. Due to you lack of information and deciding to ask questions about it, you actually struck a nerve with this one. I will actually explain the situation to you:
A)I control only one NPC on this site, the Angelic Lord NPC
B) I was given this power by the SITE OWNER due to the fact that he knew I could run the character well in the lines of the story and the way the Angels are meant to be played(no they are not you little holy perfect bible angels.)
C) Even with your idea of a consensus, only 2 people would even have a vote on his actions, I and Kurei, seeing as we are the only 2 active Angels here.

5) And for your last paragraph. I have NEVER seen something like this be a thing in games, tv series, movies, or even animes. I don't see it be very useful and more so another way for people to complain, saying that "Hey that spell should be weaker, yada yada yada." when the spell had only be used twice, not to mention the people with very few spells would be put at such a disadvantage due to this.

Kosovo Misogi
Kosovo Misogi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyper Librarian Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:34 pm

I have an idea that I've been using on a site of my own. You know how there's Chakra in Naruto, and Power Points for Pokemon moves? Well you see, I figured that we could do a revamp of the Magic system, along with the Strength/Weakness Clause, we could use a quotient to figure out how much energy a move takes. For example, if I used x number of Chakra/Whatever you want to call it to use an Ice Beam, then x would be deducted from y(the amount of chakra I have). However, this is still in the works, and needs improvement, so please, if you're for the plan, give your ideas below.
Hyper Librarian
Hyper Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Levious Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:01 pm

To be honest, I agree on both Shrades and your topic haku. I believe Npc should be control by another race that's not involved into the fight, IF USED AGAIN. Let's all be fair here, we all want a good story, and we all want to live. Now I believe if an overly powered NPC was to be summoned, go to a battle ground. We don't need main cities to get destroy, "Like those 2 idiot hybrids did." I was talking to huku yesturday with the group, and we all agree that there should be a tier class to define how powerful that character is. This should be judge by the brightest mod there is, Quindaro <3, with a little help by other mods if possible. There should also be a tier jump if you happen to beat a higher tear by pure strategy. I think the idea of Tier classes give people ideas in who they can fight or not. And if they lose, they'll know why they lost. Another thing, your character should get exhausted by using his/her power consecutively. But the power shouldn't be nerf for being tired, just reaction time and speed, (If powers doesn't have any correlation to his/her speed.) Ps please unban me from the chat, we already settle things on skype. o.o
Levious
Levious

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum