Inner Heart
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Forsaken Realm
Discussion Board/Staff Abuse EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 5:23 pm by Guest

» Sylas The Void Master
Discussion Board/Staff Abuse EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 3:35 am by DanTheBandit

» Silver Wings
Discussion Board/Staff Abuse EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 2:31 am by Guest

» Gary Manefc (WIP)
Discussion Board/Staff Abuse EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 4:42 pm by Milocross

» Dante Banes
Discussion Board/Staff Abuse EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 3:21 pm by Luka_D

» Shane Wolfhart
Discussion Board/Staff Abuse EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 3:21 pm by Shiangelic

» Snow Cat Info
Discussion Board/Staff Abuse EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 12:01 pm by Stya

» Guess Who's Back?
Discussion Board/Staff Abuse EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:55 am by Angelo Aella

» A Day in Class (open to all)
Discussion Board/Staff Abuse EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 9:32 pm by Tom Bluemann

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Discussion Board/Staff Abuse

+2
Zinres
Otaku
6 posters

Go down

Discussion Board/Staff Abuse Empty Discussion Board/Staff Abuse

Post by Otaku Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:58 pm

This was highly emphasized in an argument generated in the chat today (August 1st, 2014). It was a matter of logic and physics versus specifics in a post. I will not get into any more depth about this certain issue, though it did bring up a good point. We need a discussion board along with separate threads for separate fights. This way, the arguments can remain stay out of public areas such as the chat, and they can be officiated by judges. This does not require staff as people can enter these discussions at their own risks, and polls can be initiated. Private messages will not solve everything, after all.

Secondly, here is the issue that is bothering me the most. Of what I've seen so far (one day), staff seem to be breaking rules more than the members, themselves. Specifically, staff are abusing the excessive cussing rule- obviously in hopes that members will follow what they enforce- though it simply does not promote their position. In fact, it demotes it. Staff members are also using material out of site jurisdiction against their members. Only issues that are created within this site can be dealt with, or else this entire forum can be reported, and even erased. The owner of this site could also be banned from creating other sites supported by the hoster (Forumotion). Speaking of issues, this is also what is brought up more by the staff than members. Staff members are encouraging personal issues, which cannot be tolerated.

I was so close to leaving this site on Day One after seeing the above issues. Staff members need to be role models, or else they should not hold their positions. This is a natural, unwritten law submitted traditionally by almost every site to ever exist; dead of alive as we speak. Get ahold of yourselves, and prove that you are rightful to the positions you currently claim.
Otaku
Otaku

Back to top Go down

Discussion Board/Staff Abuse Empty Re: Discussion Board/Staff Abuse

Post by Zinres Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:58 pm

I can agree on several of your points or all of them so I can say this I will be trying to be here more often and actual solve problems that arise. If you have any problems with me or how I handle future situations or even past things you may read please fell free to PM or just tell me in chat what is bothering you and I'll try my best to fix any problems.
Zinres
Zinres

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrade Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:00 pm

I'm curious as to what staff are the issue and what exactly about them seems to be the issue.
Shrade
Shrade

Back to top Go down

Post by Levious Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:19 pm

You know what Otaku, this site doesn't revolve around you. It revolves around the people who want to be here, and if you find a problem with it leave. Tons of people rp here and have a great time. This is a community that revolves around friendship and having a good time. You're just trying to dictate how things run in this rp and use some form of blackmail to get your way. This site does not make any money and it can do whatever it wants as long if it's not illegal. So how about you gtfo and go somewhere else.
Levious
Levious

Back to top Go down

Post by Otaku Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:21 pm

Levious wrote:You know what Otaku, this site doesn't revolve around you. It revolves around the people who want to be here, and if you find a problem with it leave. Tons of people rp here and have a great time. This is a community that revolves around friendship and having a good time. You're just trying to dictate how things run in this rp and use some form of blackmail to get your way. This site does not make any money and it can do whatever it wants as long if it's not illegal. So how about you gtfo and go somewhere else.

Complaints derive from opinions established by problems seen from someone. I am not asking that this site be revolved around me. This forum was obviously made to fix the problems of the site, so I will not be asked to leave just because I know one of them. I am aware of the friendship along with the community here. As you may know, this site's member base is mostly established from a chain of previous fantasies. I have par taken in these sites since Site 1, so do not take for granted that I haven't acknowledged the feelings of my fellow members, beforehand. I also have not blackmailed. As said in my intro to the site, I do not come to be a threat, and never will, so how dare you, honestly? Staff abuse is illegal and should not be tolerated. This is my issue. I also do not want to waste my time publicizing debates over sparring threads. Cut me some slack for having the freedom of expression, thank you.

I absolutely dislike the fact that you also told me to GTFO. You are trying to protect the site, yet you use so much vulgar language against me. Just what exactly do you think you're proving for the community. We all have our say here, and you should respect that. I have been here for one day and have already received this note from you. If you have nothing nice to say to me, do not say anything at all. It should be the staff that handles this, anyways.
Otaku
Otaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Levious Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:46 pm

Dude, staff abuse is not illegal, I have no idea where you got that from. From what I heard of what happened today, thats not even close to illegal. This is their site, and they can do what they want with it. Like I said, if you don't like the way they run this site, you should leave. o-o You should have just complained about everything else, and not mention about the ban bs you just came up with. I wouldn't even have gotten involve if you didn't mention the word ban in your post.

To be honest, you're not even a threat to this site so in reality "I was just ripping on you for annoying me", not to protect the site. Think that you can get the site band from a rp fight that didn't went your way. Ridiculous and just plain stupid.
Levious
Levious

Back to top Go down

Post by Otaku Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:01 pm

It's illegal in the sense of natural law. As a staff member, you are obligated to be fair and enforce the rules correctly. To abuse your powers is breaking a rule/law, thus you can say staff abuse is illegal, because it does have punishments. Yes, a site can do whatever it wants, though if the staff makes rules, it is only fair that they follow them just like the members. The point of a site is to keep it well-established, hence why I'm making this complaint. I'm not here to threaten the site, but rather let you know of site reports for your own safety. I wasn't lying when I said in my site introduction that I wanted to bring satisfaction. There's a complaint section to express our opinions of the site. I don't get what you don't see from that. I get to show my feelings, and have the right to, yet you're telling me to leave because of it? Ridiculous.

I was presumably judged as a threat just recently before this message, so don't hide the fact that you didn't think otherwise, before. You even said in the chat that you thought I was threatening the site. Now look at what you're doing. I'm not trying to get this site banned, or get it in any form of trouble. I am simply expressing myself. I was upset about one fight because people seemed to misread the text within my posts. However, that is over now. I even told the winner she could have the win by default if she wanted to. I am not planning to report this site, so please do not jump the gun and assume that I want to cause havoc to the community.
Otaku
Otaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Haku Takashi Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:03 pm

I'm quite curious where you thought you saw staff abuse. If your referring to my language in the CB, the rule is not to be excessive. If there was some other incident that I wasn't here for, it would still be better to tell us who so the problem can be resolved. By staying anonymous, it make more problems than it helps due to us hunting down said staff instead of you reporting it. I will somewhat touch on the Topic of the Discussion board.
Yes it would be a could thing and keep me, and other mods, form being yelled at for doing our jobs and moderating a fight, but would have to completely disagree on letting other members decided. There are mods for a reason, and it is our job to decide these things. If we were to let regular members decided, it could cause more problems, seeing as some are not as experienced or may not be in a good mood.
Lastly, I will bring up the past and say that I know how you work Luca, and hope that it doesn't repeat itself. I am not saying this to bring up drama, but as a mere warning that I will not let a site that I moderate on be in complete disarray. This is all I have to say and good day.
Haku Takashi
Haku Takashi

Back to top Go down

Post by Otaku Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:31 pm

The point of the cussing rule is to put it to a minimal amount. Swearing excessively breaks that rule. Staff has been doing that exactly, and I can list names after this. Again (and I don't know why I have to say this multiple times), but I'm not reporting the site. I never have reported a site before. I have threatened to, but have never actually hit the button, if you know what I mean.

Now onto the discussion board. I did miss a detail in there. I meant to say regular members could help get a final word, but the staff generally have the ultimate decision, so you're correct in that sense. You do not know how I work, however. Simply put, I was framed excessively. I was spoken about for many things I didn't do. I've even had the members apologize for their judgments in the past, so do not think I am a bad guy. I will tell you now, however, that I am not one to cause havoc. In fact, realistically, I'm very attached to Catholicism, and so never would I promote sin and/or unhappiness. People have often misread me or have been misled by other people's opinions of me, which has always been the primary problem. Therefore, as far as anyone know here, what benefit that has come of me in the past is solely who I am. If you have yet to see a benefit, then I suppose I'm starting fresh in your mind, believe it or not.

I promise you your site will not be in disarray. You have my word. I simply wanted to get a message across in hopes of improving the community. Do not figuratively behead me for trying to do so. I believe I'm a kind-hearted person as long as you give me the chance. This is all I ask.
Otaku
Otaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Levious Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:46 pm

Believe in a religion doesn't make you an angel. There are people who believe in the word of "God" a pass by homeless people without giving a thought to them. And there has been some atheist that have help people and give to the poor. Your argument is invalid, and we are not accusing you to be a bad guy. Right now you cause a huge commotion on chat and you should own up to it.

Also the thing about cursing, it can be done with consideration. There has never been a rule that restrict someone from expressing themselves. You're imposing your belief on that person and I don't appreciate that. I know you're not a bad guy, but you're kind of starting trouble over here. Even if you don't mean any harm, you're causing it.
Levious
Levious

Back to top Go down

Post by Otaku Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:12 am

You've been restricting me practically from expressing myself in this very thread by saying such things as "GTFO", and arguing that I'm just saying this all selfishly. I am selfless, not selfish. I want people here to be satisfied, and to have the rules further enforced. Is that so wrong? If you don't like my opinion, keep it to yourself. Let the staff (who I'm complaining against) deal with it. I emphasized Catholicism to show you that I am not here to unleash harm. I'm not an angel, nor am I a troublemaker. Stop assuming I'm either of those things. You've been misreading everything in that last post, and have been very quick on your responses. I can tell you've only skimmed through my post once, which can still generate problems. I've had to deal with people here more than once to realize they're okay, anyways.

Making a complaint does not create trouble. If anything, it shows my care for the community. If only you could have interpreted that from my opening post, we wouldn't be in this mess. How does it help to point a finger at me, anyways? I'm trying to be a mature man, and you're having me prolong the argument. Where is there peace in that?

I will settle this right now and say that indefinitely, I do not mean to cause harm, and I bet you don't either. What has really caused the trouble here were several misunderstandings, so let this be the last one. This concludes my argument.
Otaku
Otaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:38 am

i would like to point out that you said someone of the staff has been swearing excessively and yet none of my mods have seen this or other members, we had one person who did swear a lot and we dealt with him but i have never seen any of my mods curse constantly, sometimes yes, but that is allowed. So please tell me who you are referring to so that i can confirm your accusations or not.
Ember
Ember
Admin

https://innerheart.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down